Polar Bare Art Show: Deb Dukes
Why We Need This:
- To support artists and Protect Our Winters
- It will look great on our wall.
What We Made
- We took a broken snowboard and turned it into a canvas, then we handed it over to an amazing artist.
Meet Deb Dukes
If your life was a movie, what would the theme song be?
The soundtrack would be:
Nothing to Loose by The Floozies, Gibbs, Eric Benny Bloom
Boondocks by Little Big Town (most of it)
I'm A Thug by Trick Daddy (the part where the children are singing)
Prime by The Siege
- The Way I Live by Baby Boy Da Prince
What's your favorite way to be creative?
Dancing! I love expressing, moving energy and doing 'magic' when I dance.
And channeling poetry.
Where do you find inspiration?
I allow art to be my therapy. I set an intention to pour out the things that don't serve me anymore. I learned to use brighter colors so the angsty stuff becomes more enjoyable. This particular piece helped me process a lot of frustration.
What are your 3 favorite feelings?
- I actually have learned to enjoy sadness. I understand that after I am able to feel and release the things that this body is holding, I am lighter afterwards.
- If appreciation is the right word leading up to a feeling, I enJOY the simplest things in life and feel so full when I'm so easily entertained.
- Self love is a big one. Learning to love and express myself more encourages others to feel the same about themselves and allows us to find bigger and more meaningful connection with each other.